Creating a Template
What You Need: • Large Piece of Construction Paper • Tape Measure • Marker • Tape
- Start with a large piece of construction paper that exceeds the depth and length of the curve.
- Place the paper on the floor or ceiling depending on the orientation of the curve.
- Secure the paper with the tape.
- Clearly define the stacking side, motor placement, pocket depth and center line of track with the marker.
- Mark the radius of the curve
- Please provide as much detail as possible and all templates must include the following:
- Indicate “room side
- Note how the template was created
- Template created on the floor facing up (See Figure 1)
- Template created on the ceiling facing down (See Figure 2) (Preferred method)
- Purchase order number
- Customer name
- Company name and account number
- Note the distance from the wall or the window to the
center of the track. Be sure to clear all possible obstructions such as handles,
- Identify the following measurement points:
- Placement of motor
- Exact stopping point of track on template
- Total measurement of curve (See Figure 4-”C”)
Please call Automated Motorized Shades for specialty curving applications. Depending on your particular application, your project may require special attention.
Template Submission Instructions
Attach a copy of the purchase order to the template. Roll up template and place in a mailing tube. DO NOT FOLD TEMPLATE
Automated Motorized Shades
3117 NW 25th Avenue
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
Attn: Drapery Department
Note: When mailing, be sure to:
- Get a tracking number
- Include your return address
- Include your purchase order number on the label
Acceptable materials for making templates:
Kraft Paper, Butcher Paper, Construction Paper
Automated Motorized Shades will not accept templates made from the following materials:
Newspaper, Plastic, Wax Paper, Fabric, Tissue Paper, Roofing Paper, Existing Arch Shades, Wrapping Paper or any templates that require assembly of any kind
Note: If the material used to make a template stretches, tears easily or will not lay flat it WILL NOT be used.